Publications and analyses
PUBLICATIONS IN PEER-REVIEWED JOURNALS
• Taruscio D, Vittozzi L, Choquet R, Heimdal K, Iskrov G, Kodra Y, Landais P, Posada M, Stefanov R, Steinmueller C, Swinnen E, Van Oyen H. National Registries of Rare Diseases in Europe: An Overview of the Current Situation and Experiences. Public Health Genomics. 2014 Sep 9. [Epub ahead of print] НОВО!
• Iskrov G, Stefanov R. Post-marketing access to orphan drugs: a critical analysis of health technology assessment and reimbursement decision-making considerations. Orphan Drugs: Research and Reviews 2014, 4:1-9. НОВО!
• Taruscio D, Gentile AE, De Santis M, Ferrelli RM, Posada de la Paz M, Hens M, Huizer J, Fregonese L, Stefanov R, Bottarelli V, Weinman A, Le Cam Y, Gavhed D, Mincarone P, Bushby K, Frazzica RG, Donati C, Vittozzi L, Jessop E. EUROPLAN: A Project to Support the Development of National Plans on Rare Diseases in Europe. Public Health Genomics. 2013;16(6):278-87.
• Iskrov G, Raycheva R, Stefanov R. Insight into reimbursement decision-making criteria in Bulgaria: implications for orphan drugs. Folia Med (Plovdiv). 2013;55(3&4):80-86.
• Linertová R, Serrano-Aguilar P, Posada-de-la-Paz M, et al.; BURQOL-RD Research Group. Delphi approach to select rare diseases for a European representative survey. The BURQOL-RD study Health Policy. 2012 Nov;108(1):19-26.
• Iskrov G, Miteva-Katrandzhieva T, Stefanov R. Challenges to orphan drugs access in Eastern Europe: the case of Bulgaria. Health Policy. 2012 Nov;108(1):10-8.
• Miteva Ts, Jordanova R, Iskrov G, Stefanov R. General knowledge and awareness on rare diseases among general practitioners in Bulgaria. Georgian Med News. 2011 Apr;(193):16-9.
• Taruscio D, Vittozzi L, Stefanov R. National plans and strategies on rare diseases in Europe. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2010;686:475-91.
• Taruscio D, Trama A, Stefanov R. Tackling rare diseases at European level: why do we need a harmonized framework? Folia Med (Plovdiv). 2007;49(1-2):59-67.
• Bresin E, Daina E, Noris M, et al; International Registry of Recurrent and Familial HUS/TTP. Outcome of renal transplantation in patients with non-Shiga toxin-associated hemolytic uremic syndrome: prognostic significance of genetic background. Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. 2006 Jan;1(1):88-99.
• Gamba S, Cicci L, Stefanov R. Quality of life in patients with unusual diseases: experience of nurses at the clinical research center for unusual diseases Aldo e Cele Daccò. Assist Inferm Ric. 2003 Jul-Sep;22(3):144-50.
Rare diseases within the Bulgarian public health system
• Review of the actual situation and tendences in the rare diseases field in Bulgaria
Issue 1 / November 2010 (click here to read the PDF file, 0.98 MB)
Access to orphan drugs
• Review of the access to orphan drugs in Bulgaria
Issue 5 / October 2014 (click here to read the PDF file, 1.1 MB) NEW!
Issue 4 / July 2013 (click here to read the PDF file, 170 KB)
Issue 3 / September 2012 (click here to read the PDF file, 280 KB)
Issue 2 / March 2011 (click here to read the PDF file, 705 KB)
Issue 1 / June 2010 (click here to read the PDF file, 150 KB)